How long will it take for my I-130 case to get approve?

Homestead, FL |

USCIS received my case October 09, 2012. they sent me my receipt in the mail. I am still waiting on the approval of my case. Do you have any ideal how much longer till I get approved. I am a u.s. citizen, my husband is from Nigeria and he is not in the u.s at the time.

1. It can take up to a year (or more) before your husband enters the US as a resident.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. Generally, about 9 to 12 months.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Estimated processing times for the I-130 by USCIS are as posted on the USCIS website. After approval, it will take several months for NVC to gather the required documents and for the interview to be scheduled.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.