How long will it take after a foreclosure until I can qualify for a new mortgage?

Tempe, AZ |

I definitely want to buy a house again at some point, but am wondering how long I'll have to wait until this is a realistic possibility?

In general, you are looking at a 7 year period before you can obtain a new, conventional home loan. If you have the cash, you can buy a new home tomorrow. I recommend contacting a mortgage broker to discuss the different programs that are available.

Accessing this website or receiving an electronic transmission from Nagle Law Group, P.C., or any specific attorney at Nagle Law Group, P.C., does not create an attorney-client relationship or any other duty on the part of Nagle Law Group, P.C. An attorney-client relationship is only created upon an express agreement with an attorney at Nagle Law Group, P.C.

I tell clients that you are looking at 5 to 7 years for conventional financing after a foreclosure. The rules are set by the lender ... if you can find one willing, you could get a loan tomorrow. The best advise has already been given ... contact a mortgage person you desire to work with and they can generally sit down and evaluate your situation and guide you in taking the steps to be prepared for that next mortgage.

This firm is in the business of helping people and companies file for bankruptcy protection. Therefore, the bankruptcy code requires that we call our firm a "debt relief agency." This information is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to be a legal opinion, legal advice or a complete discussion of the related legal issues. This advice is not intended to create a client - attorney relationship. Every individual's situation is different and you should seek independent legal advice from an attorney familiar with the laws of your state or locality regarding specific information.

Recommended articles about Real estate