How long will I have to wait for my work permit and after that my green card?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gainesville, GA

Nkt.In July of 2012 I applied for I360 under vawa. I got prima facia 2 weeks later. In June 2013 my petition was approved. I would like to know how long will it take to get a work permit and what i have to do to get it AND what is the priority date or how long do i have to wait for a visa.to become available for adjustment of status..
P.S : My exhusband is a resident NOT a citizen. Thanks for all your help!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

1

Answered . The priority should be tracked based on the I-130 petition your husband had filed or the date your I-360 was filed whichever is earlier. IN the second scenario, take the I-360 date and look in the F2A category priority. When it becomes current, you can file I-485. Until then, you can apply for EAD already. Takes 60 days to get it.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

5

1

Answered . You cannot file for adjustment of status until your priority dates I current. If your husband had filed an I-130 previously, you could benefit from that priority date, but if not, your priority date is in July 2012. Once adjustment of status is filed, it takes up to 90 days for the work permit to be issued.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Counsel Segal gave a very detailed primer of the matter