How long will I have to use an ignition interlock device following my first DUI offense?

North Kansas City, MO |

I don't have to use this as long as I have the car, do I?

.

1. For many, an interlock is not required for a first time DUI conviction. A second conviction, however, carries with it a six month time period.

You will need to have an interlock on the car you are driving for the time period imposed by the court -- the interlock will not follow the car.

Best of luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. In Missouri it is highly unlikely that you will even need to install an IID after a first-time offense.

DUI topics