How long will I be on probation if I get a misterminer poss of marajuna?

New York, NY |

Im charged with felony poss of marajuna because it was within 1000 feet of a school, i offered the ADA's
30 days in jail if they dropped the felony to a mistermiener my attorney said the da is very close to dropping it to a misterminer, my question is if i do get it dropped to a misterminer will i be on probation and for how long and how long can they defer a misterminer?
(This is in Oklahoma)

1. Probation normally ranges from 3-5 years although I have heard of judges imposing a lesser period of time.

2. 3 years for a Class A misdemeanor or 1 year for a Class B misdemeanor.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Re-post in Oklahoma, not NY.
    Or call your lawyer.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

4. repost Oklahoma, which has a different dimension of reality from that of NY

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

5. Ask your Oklahoma lawyer as this is a NY only area of Avvo.