How long wait after I-130/I-485 interview based on marriage?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

We had an Interview in Dec 14th 2012, one issue we brought up in the interview was my wife(beneficiary) was charged with petite larceny and her court date was on Jan 3rd 2013 and later charges were dropped. When we had an interview at USCIS the officer told us that they would need the court disposition before making the decision, then he mentioned he will mail something within 7-14 days. It has been over a month we haven't gotten any mail from USCIS. Should we go ahead and mail the certified copy of my wife's court papers to USCIS?
how about InfoPass Appointment, will it help?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Irene Vaisman

4

1

Answered . submit the certified disposition - they can't issue a decision without it

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

2

Answered . An infopass might or might not help. Some infopass officers are more helpful than others. If you drop the documents off at infopass, they might not make it into the file. You should contact an attorney down there to help you with this. They may be able to help inquire on your behalf.

4. Ibraheim Nidal Shalabi

1

1

Answered . Something might have happened with the letter or form they were supposed to mail you. I would call the immigration hotline and try and figure out why you didn't receive the letter (they can tell you if it was returned). I would also make sure you give the documents to the right immigrations officers so that it doesn't get lost/misplaced. An attorney would probably be able to ensure proper delivery. Don't wait too long, because it might delay or disqualify your wife's application.