How long until my husband gets his interview, visa in Pakistan? I have just submitted the Affidavit of Support forms, etc.

Burr Ridge, IL |

How long until my husband gets his interview, visa in Pakistan? I have just submitted the Affidavit of Support forms, etc. Also I am expecting, would they expedite his case since I need him here before the delivery? I will appreciate your answers, thank you!

Are you working with an attorney? You could ask your attorney to contact NVC about the possibility of an expedite. If you are not working with an attorney, you could contact NVC yourself. Although you are expecting, the most likely result is that NVC probably will not expedite the case. The amount of time until your husband is scheduled for an interview will depend largely on whether the documents and forms you submitted to NVC meet the requirements, and then on the workload of the US Consulate in Pakistan.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Thank you so much for your help!

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

You are most welcome.

I am assuming you are currently working with the NVC.
You have submitted the AOS. You will need to submit an immigrant visa application when you receive an invoice. Once the NVC has all documents the file is forwarded to the US consulate.
When the US consulate receives the file they will contact your husband by sending him information on how to proceed.
How long it takes for the consulate to process the case depends largely on their case load and how long it takes your husband to provide them with all required documents. It usually takes a consulate 2 to 6 months but as I said it varies.
No. The case will not be expedited because your a pregnant.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the prompt reply!

Your best approach on this dilemma is to work on this with an attorney as your advocate.

Thank you!

It depends if the National Visa Center is satisfied with what you sent and it depends on how long the wait times are in Pakistan at the U.S. embassy or consulate.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Thank you!

Can take anywhere from 5 months to a year from the time of filing.

JP Sarmiento
FREE CONSULTATIONS
(216) 573-3712
jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
www.sarmientoimmigration.com/family/marriage