How long until my husband gets his interview, visa in Pakistan? I have just submitted the Affidavit of Support forms, etc.

Asked about 1 year ago - Burr Ridge, IL

How long until my husband gets his interview, visa in Pakistan? I have just submitted the Affidavit of Support forms, etc. Also I am expecting, would they expedite his case since I need him here before the delivery? I will appreciate your answers, thank you!

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

6

1

Answered . Are you working with an attorney? You could ask your attorney to contact NVC about the possibility of an expedite. If you are not working with an attorney, you could contact NVC yourself. Although you are expecting, the most likely result is that NVC probably will not expedite the case. The amount of time until your husband is scheduled for an interview will depend largely on whether the documents and forms you submitted to NVC meet the requirements, and then on the workload of the US Consulate in Pakistan.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

4

Answered . Your best approach on this dilemma is to work on this with an attorney as your advocate.

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

5

1

Answered . I am assuming you are currently working with the NVC.
    You have submitted the AOS. You will need to submit an immigrant visa application when you receive an invoice. Once the NVC has all documents the file is forwarded to the US consulate.
    When the US consulate receives the file they will contact your husband by sending him information on how to proceed.
    How long it takes for the consulate to process the case depends largely on their case load and how long it takes your husband to provide them with all required documents. It usually takes a consulate 2 to 6 months but as I said it varies.
    No. The case will not be expedited because your a pregnant.

4. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . It depends if the National Visa Center is satisfied with what you sent and it depends on how long the wait times are in Pakistan at the U.S. embassy or consulate.

5. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

Answered . Can take anywhere from 5 months to a year from the time of filing.

JP Sarmiento
    FREE CONSULTATIONS
    (216) 573-3712
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com/family/marriage