How long until I get the letter for the oath ceremony?

Herndon, VA |

I was given a form N652 saying I passed the exam and I will be schedulled for the oath ceremony. I have to travel for work but I can schedulle my flights, how long does it take usually from de date of the interview till de date of the oath. (2 weeks or 3), is there a schedulle online from USCIS that I can look up? Please tell me there is a way to know....
Im in Virginia.

I agree that there is no set time frame. Norfolk may differ from Arlington or Chicago, yet some applications are accidentally or intentionally delayed for months or even years. If it takes more than 120 days, then you have the right to file a lawsuit to get your naturalization application decided, so that a ceremony letter may be issued, if approved.

If you have concerns, then schedule an InfoPass. If it is taking too long and this is important enough to you, then consider filing a lawsuit against USCIS; it often works, where there is no legitimate reason to deny.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Why info pass? How does that work?

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Kevin Lawrence Dixler

It is a way to speak with a USCIS Information Officer, who can send your inquiry concerning what seems like an unneeded delay to the examiner who reviewed your application. However, if there is no further action, then you may have to schedule another infopass appointment, seek attorney assistance, or have a Congressman file an inquiry. Good luck.

It will typically be a few weeks for the oath to be scheduled. If you have an urgent need to have it set earlier most offices will accomodate special requests. But no, it can't be looked up online.

there is not a schedule online , nor is there a set time. Make an infopass appointment to find out when thee will be a ceremony
Congrats

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

There is no set time. Depends on the local office and in some jurisdictions, also on the Federal Court's availability.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.