How long until I get the letter for the oath ceremony?

Asked about 2 years ago - Herndon, VA

I was given a form N652 saying I passed the exam and I will be schedulled for the oath ceremony. I have to travel for work but I can schedulle my flights, how long does it take usually from de date of the interview till de date of the oath. (2 weeks or 3), is there a schedulle online from USCIS that I can look up? Please tell me there is a way to know....
Im in Virginia.

1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . I agree that there is no set time frame. Norfolk may differ from Arlington or Chicago, yet some applications are accidentally or intentionally delayed for months or even years. If it takes more than 120 days, then you have the right to file a lawsuit to get your naturalization application decided, so that a ceremony letter may be issued, if approved.

If you have concerns, then schedule an InfoPass. If it is taking too long and this is important enough to you, then consider filing a lawsuit against USCIS; it often works, where there is no legitimate reason to deny.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. Neil Ian Fleischer

3

Answered . there is not a schedule online , nor is there a set time. Make an infopass appointment to find out when thee will be a ceremony
    Congrats

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . There is no set time. Depends on the local office and in some jurisdictions, also on the Federal Court's availability.

4. Rebecca T White

2

Answered . It will typically be a few weeks for the oath to be scheduled. If you have an urgent need to have it set earlier most offices will accomodate special requests. But no, it can't be looked up online.