How long until DUI comes off my record?

Seattle, WA |

If I'm convicted of a DUI, does it stay on my record forever, or does it come off my record after some amount of time?

1. In Washington State the conviction will not be removed from your record after a certain amount of time. Nor can a DUI be removed from your record by vacating the record.

2. One of many of the harsh consequences of a DUI convicition is - a DUI conviction permanently remains a DUI conviction. It is critical to consult with an attorney experienced in DUI to view options regarding a DUI charge.

I would be happy to discuss with you those options, feel free to view my website for contact information.

3. Unfortunately, Washington state law does not allow for a DUI to be vacated, or expunged, from your record. RCW 9.96.060 provides, in pertinent part, that: An [person] may not have the record of conviction for a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor offense vacated if...the offense was a violation of RCW 46.61.502 (driving while under the influence), or 46.61.504 (actual physical control while under the influence)

DUI topics