How long to wait for my green card?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chapin, SC

I applied for green through marriage and after the interview my application was granted, but I am still waiting for my actual card. How long will it take? Can I travel without it?

Green card through marriage

1. Irene Vaisman

3

1

Answered . How do you know that it was approved? I-551 stamp? welcome notice? If the application was in fact approved, green card comes very quickly. Make sure that it was in fact approved and if it has been more than 2 weeks, schedule an appointment with your local district office

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Cannot be determined on the scant facts posted.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Andrew Marino Bramante

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I am most curious why you think it was approved. If the officer merely told you s/he was recommending it for approval, that does not mean it was actually approved. If you have nothing on paper (like the I-551 passport stamp), then check USCIS.gov and put in your receipt notice. You may have jumped the gun thinking it was approved. If you have the I-551 stamp, wait 2-3 weeks for the GC itself. If you don't get it, do an InfoPass.