How long to process the i-130 application ?

Navarre, FL |

My husband gain a u.s citizen by naturalization and file I-130 for me as immediate relative wife to petition me to be with him at usa just recently feb 2011. I just wanna ask what will be the next step and how long it will take since its past 3months already we havent received any repsonse aside from the receipt of confirmation that they receive then application.i wonder how long it will process?thanks

You can check processing times on the USCIS website, but generally I-130s take between 3 and 6 months to adjudicate for immediate relatives of US Citizens. If they determine they need more documents from you, they will send you a request for those and the process could then take longer.

Information provided in this answer is for general informational purpose only. Legal advice changes for each specific case, and it is impossible to give accurate advice without having a consultation and examining all relevant documents. Additionally, no attorney-client relationship is created until a consultation has taken place and an agreement between us has been met regarding terms of representation, if any.

You may check processing time at the following link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

After your I-130 is approved, your husband will received correspondance from the National Visa Center to gather original and certified documents for consular processing of your visa. Once the National Visa Center has all the required documents and forms from your husband, the documents will be sent to the U.S. Consulate closest to you to schedule a visa interview.
Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.
Law Offices of Seeta Nangia
Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law
Phone: (415) 273-9123
Email: seeta@nangialaw.com
Website: www.nangialaw.com

You are welcome to check the processing times on the uscis.gov website.

It may serve you best to retain an immigration lawyer if you are not familiar with the process or otherwise have concerns with your case.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.

Goodluck