How long to process the i-130 application ?

Asked over 3 years ago - Navarre, FL

My husband gain a u.s citizen by naturalization and file I-130 for me as immediate relative wife to petition me to be with him at usa just recently feb 2011. I just wanna ask what will be the next step and how long it will take since its past 3months already we havent received any repsonse aside from the receipt of confirmation that they receive then application.i wonder how long it will process?thanks

1. Camille Juliette Mackler

Answered . You can check processing times on the USCIS website, but generally I-130s take between 3 and 6 months to adjudicate for immediate relatives of US Citizens. If they determine they need more documents from you, they will send you a request for those and the process could then take longer.

2. Seeta Lakshmi Nangia

Answered . You may check processing time at the following link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay...

After your I-130 is approved, your husband will received correspondance from the National Visa Center to gather original and certified documents for consular processing of your visa. Once the National Visa Center has all the required documents and forms from your husband, the documents will be sent to the U.S. Consulate closest to you to schedule a visa interview.
    Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.
    Law Offices of Seeta Nangia
    Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law
    Phone: (415) 273-9123
    Email: seeta@nangialaw.com
    Website: www.nangialaw.com

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You are welcome to check the processing times on the uscis.gov website.

It may serve you best to retain an immigration lawyer if you are not familiar with the process or otherwise have concerns with your case.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.

Goodluck