How long to be indicted on a felony dwi ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Schertz, TX

this is my fourth and it has been over 5 months since my arrest. i am out on bond

1. Joseph Francis Vinas

4

Answered . There are a few relevant deadlines:

1. If you're in custody, the state has 90 days to indict you or the judge should release you on a PR bond, or one you can afford.

2. The state has 180 days, or until the end of the term of the next grand jury impaneled after the charge was filed. If not, they must dismiss, but can refile.

3. They have until the end of the statute of limitations to have a grand jury indict your case.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

3

Answered . I would add to Mr. Vinas' excellent answer that you should be looking for a good DWI defense lawyer during this time you are waiting. Why? Because the sooner a good DWI defense lawyer starts work on your case, generally the better your chances of successfully defending against the charge.