How long time I have to wait for an interview ?

Brazil, IN |

My case was completed at December, 20th and NVC said that I have to wait the consulate to schedule an interview. I saw some completed cases (k-1) at the same day, be scheduled for january. Do you know if is there a difference time for schedule for EB-1 visas (my visa) and k-1 visa?

It depends on how many people are ahead of you in line. And it depends on which consulate if they are conflating the K petitions with the other immigrant petitions.

Thank you. And is there a way to know how many pepole are ahead of my case?

Philip Alan Eichorn

Philip Alan Eichorn

I wish. That is the cause of many issues between lawyers-CIS/DOS-clients; the lack of transparency so that everyone knows where they stand.

It depends on the caseload of the particular consulate.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you. And how do I know if my case number is ahead of the others ?

Nicolette Glazer

Nicolette Glazer

the best thing to do is to check with the consulate. Some of them have info on waiting times.

Every case is different.

And, yes, there is a gigantic difference between an EB-1 and a K-1.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

... but do you think they schedule all visas together or they separate them by category?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

They sub-divide them in many different ways ... and, they frequently change the way that the sort them.

Well, in this case is better sit and wait... thank you very much

There are numerous factors in scheduling interviews such as the available number of slots at the consulate, is your file complete, some consulates only schedule during certain days of month for the following month. Confirm with NVC your file is complete. Normal interview scheduling time in our experience is 3-6 weeks after the file is complete especially for the busier consulates.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Yes, my case was completed at December 20th, according to the NVC attendant.

Education law topics