How long time I have to wait for an interview ?

Brazil, IN |

My case was completed at December, 20th and NVC said that I have to wait the consulate to schedule an interview. I saw some completed cases (k-1) at the same day, be scheduled for january. Do you know if is there a difference time for schedule for EB-1 visas (my visa) and k-1 visa?

1. It depends on how many people are ahead of you in line. And it depends on which consulate if they are conflating the K petitions with the other immigrant petitions.

2. It depends on the caseload of the particular consulate.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

3. Every case is different.

And, yes, there is a gigantic difference between an EB-1 and a K-1.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. There are numerous factors in scheduling interviews such as the available number of slots at the consulate, is your file complete, some consulates only schedule during certain days of month for the following month. Confirm with NVC your file is complete. Normal interview scheduling time in our experience is 3-6 weeks after the file is complete especially for the busier consulates.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law