How long till the courts find out i have enrolled in the PC1000 ?

Laguna Beach, CA |

i was ordered to complete a diversion program for obtaining a controlled substance. I got the 6 month deal and i need to enroll by may 6th 2013, that is my next court date to show enrollment. If i enroll by may 1st is that too late? Will the courts beable to see i did enroll before the 6th?

That's perfect because you'll bring proof of enrollment with you to court, the program won't tell the court, you will.

Contributions on in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.

It is your responsibility to inform the court that you have enrolled either by appearing in court on or before May 6. Speak to your attorney to determine whether you have to appear if it's filed before then.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Showing proof to the court is YOUR responsibility, nobody else is going help the court "find out". Programs often have a "wait list", or some built in delay before formally accepting enrollment. Waiting till the last minute could get you in hot water. My advice: Don't delay!