How long till I-485 gets approved?

Bronx, NY |

I submitted my I-130 and I-485 concurrently in April of 2013. Last Thursday my I-130 was approved. How long till my I-485 gets approved. I thought when you filed then concurrently both forms get approved at the same time. I am a minor child of a US citizen. My case is at the NBC.

1. You should check the processing time at www.uscis.gov. It changes every month. Expect a decision soon. It has been almost a year.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

2. Make an InfoPass appointment to inquire about your application. Please see

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.