How long till eligible for parole in Texas on a 2 year sentence?

Houston, TX |

4th DWI - non aggravated with approximately 2 months county jail credit.

1. Technically within a few months, but there's a good chance you'll do the whole two.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. On a felony DWI I would guess someone would do half their time. That's what has been reported to me.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    512-495-1813
    Austin Parole Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. You will be eligible for parole when your flat time plus good time equals one-fourth of your sentence. On a two year sentence, this will be when you flat and good time equal six months (180 days). How much good time credit you have will have to be checked and confirmed with TDCJ. Just because you are eligible for parole does not mean you will get it. Most people with DWI convictions, not to mention second felony DWI convictions, will actually serve substantially more than the minimum and you may receive a "serve all" designation.

Troy

W. Troy McKinney
    Schneider & McKinney, P.C.
    440 Louisiana
    Suite 800
    Houston, Texas 77002
    713-951-9994
    713-224-6008 (fax)
    wtmhousto2@aol.com
    http://www.texascriminaldefenselawyers.com
    http://www.houstondwiattorneys.com/
    Board Certified in Criminal Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
    Board Certified in Criminal Appellate Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
    Board Certified in DWI Defense, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
    NCDD Certification Program Approved by the American Bar Association
    and Accredited by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
    Dean -- National College for DUI Defense

4. I agree with Mr. McKinney. As you can see, there are a lot of variables which factor in to this equation. Your question reminds me of the time when I was a new lawyer and I asked a District Clerk how much time she thought my client would serve on a two year sentence. This was during a time when TDC was overcrowded,and the rumors were flying about how much time an inmate would actually serve before being eligible for parole. She thought about it for a while,then walked back into the holdover area and asked the inmates. These men were,after all,the experts.

James R. "Jim" Butler,Houston,Texas,DWI Lawyer. Free Consultation .Call (713)236-8744. I only represent people accused of DWI in Texas. My answer is based upon the limited amount of information supplied in your question. The answers I give on this site are intended for general educational purposes only. If you already have an attorney, I always suggest that you consult with that attorney first.