How long take to process I-130 form

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

i have been apply for 2 years and i don't hear any thing from them?

1. Russell Reid Abrutyn

Pro

1

Answered . You should discuss your pending I-130 with an attorney. Depending on the basis for the petition, it may be outside of normal processing times and an attorney will be able to follow up with the Citizenship and Immigration Services. Also, the CIS may have sent a decision or request for evidence that could have gone to an old address or gotten lost in the mail, and an attorney will be able to check on this as well.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

1

Answered . The length of time USCIS takes to process an I-130 Petition depends, among other things, on the status of the petitioner (US Citizen, vs. Permanent Resident), and on the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary (spouse, parent, sibling, child, unmarried adult son/daughter, married son/daughter). Other factors could include a USCIS investigation regarding the case.

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney to try to determine what might be happening with the case.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . Did you not even get a receipt notice? Processing times of petitions can vary depending on the status of the petitioner, the category of visa, and the country of origin of the beneficiary