How long take to process I-130 form

Detroit, MI |

i have been apply for 2 years and i don't hear any thing from them?

1. You should discuss your pending I-130 with an attorney. Depending on the basis for the petition, it may be outside of normal processing times and an attorney will be able to follow up with the Citizenship and Immigration Services. Also, the CIS may have sent a decision or request for evidence that could have gone to an old address or gotten lost in the mail, and an attorney will be able to check on this as well.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

2. The length of time USCIS takes to process an I-130 Petition depends, among other things, on the status of the petitioner (US Citizen, vs. Permanent Resident), and on the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary (spouse, parent, sibling, child, unmarried adult son/daughter, married son/daughter). Other factors could include a USCIS investigation regarding the case.

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney to try to determine what might be happening with the case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. Did you not even get a receipt notice? Processing times of petitions can vary depending on the status of the petitioner, the category of visa, and the country of origin of the beneficiary

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics