How long should it take to get back to New Zealand after being detained by immigration from an exp visa by 150 days?

Asked about 2 years ago - Spring, TX

I have a partner whos overstayed his visa by 150 days and is now detained in El Paso. He has sent a request to pay for his own ticket home. Some of the officers have mentioned that he may be detained for 60 days. Is this true and for what reason or is there a way for him to get back to New Zealand sooner??

1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

2

Answered . It is usually faster than this. Why was he detained, please contact a good deportation lawyer to help.
    http://peerallylaw.com

2. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

1

Answered . I hope he hasn't signed a stipulated order of removal as that may not be in his best interest. Also, I'm concerned why he hasn't been given an opportunity for bond. Unless there is some criminal history or fraud, he should be released.