How long should it take an insurance company to resolve a claim for a stolen car.

Houston, TX |

A car got stolen and it has been almost 3 months and the insurance company has not resolved my claim. How long should it take. Should I tell the insurance company I will take legal action if they don't expedite my claim?

You have to be more specific about the delay. Have they said the claim is under investigation? Have they requested additional information from you. If they believe a loss is suspicious they conduct an investigation and it can take a long time. You need to learn why there is a delay and if they are investigating it , get an attorney to protect your interests. Good Luck!

It depends on the facts and circumstances of the loss? Has the insurance company requested an examination under oath? Or have they asked for additional information about the car that was stolen? What did the last letter you received from the insurance company say? I would need to know the answers to these questions in order to fully answer your question. My office is in Houston, Texas. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. My number is (713) 800-0220.

R. Stephen Ferrell
Board Certified in Civil Trial Law

The Ferrell Law Firm, P.C.
2211 Norfolk Street, Suite 610
Houston, Texas 77098
(713) 800-0220
Texas Board of Legal Specialization

Please be advised that by asking this question online you have NOT hired or retained R. Stephen Ferrell or The Ferrell Law Firm, P.C. as your attorneys. The above referenced "Answer" is preliminary only and should not be construed as "Legal Advice". Legal Advice can only be given after you meet personally with R. Stephen Ferrell and sign a written Power of Attorney contract retaining The Ferrell Law Firm, P.C. as your attorneys. Until such a Power of Attorney contract is signed, there is no attorney client relationship and you should not consider or believe that R. Stephen Ferrell or The Ferrell Law Firm, P.C. are "representing you" in this or any other legal matter or problem.