How long need to wait for remarry?

Asked 11 months ago - Spring, TX

I was married as per Indian Marriage act in India and get divorced in Texas USA on 4
December 2013. I am planning to remarry person who is at India right now. How long I need to wait to for remarriage?

1. Maria Sara Lowry

1

Answered . Check to see when the judge signed your divorce decree, add thirty days then you can remarry. You are probably clear now.

2. Sherrie Haussner Travers

Pro

1

Answered . As of January 4, 2014, you are free to remarry. Congratulations on your new life!

3. Kathleen Rolston Robbins

Answered . Check to see when the judge signed the order. You can remarry 30 days after that (not counting the day the judge signed the order - start counting the following day). I would guess your 30 days are up!! Good luck to you.

I recommend that you talk to an attorney in your area.