How long need to wait for remarry?

Spring, TX |

I was married as per Indian Marriage act in India and get divorced in Texas USA on 4
December 2013. I am planning to remarry person who is at India right now. How long I need to wait to for remarriage?

Check to see when the judge signed your divorce decree, add thirty days then you can remarry. You are probably clear now.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

As of January 4, 2014, you are free to remarry. Congratulations on your new life!

Any communication through the AVVO site with Sherrie Travers or any individual member of the firm, Travers & Travers, does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. Any information given by Sherrie Travers or by any individual member of the firm through the AVVO site is general information and should not be relied on as legal advice. This answer is based upon limited information and is not intended to be conclusive in your circumstances as there may be other factors that might change or alter the advice given herein. Confidential or time-sensitive information should be conducted in person with an attorney.

Check to see when the judge signed the order. You can remarry 30 days after that (not counting the day the judge signed the order - start counting the following day). I would guess your 30 days are up!! Good luck to you.

I recommend that you talk to an attorney in your area.