How long my case pending in BIA

Monsey, NY |
Filed under: Political asylum

my asylum case granded by immigration judge but goverment apeal....almost one year and 2 months how can I bring my desicion soon from BIA

1. Your attorney should contact the BIA to find out the status of the court's review. Also, contact the government's attorney.
    Fabian E Powell
    6174811726

2. I agree with Attorney Powell although you may just have to wait for the BIA to decide your case.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. There is no specific time frame in which the BIA must decide an appeal. 14 months is not an unreasonable time for a case to be pending before the BIA.

4. BIA is unpredictable. My practice in Spring Valley has seen decisions held out for longer, but certainly we should be able to send an inquiry on your behalf, if you are not currently already represented.

This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship