How long it will take to get green card after biometrics?

Long Island City, NY |
Filed under: Green cards

My husband is in h1b visa category,however,our i485 case for green card is still pending. In August our travel and advanced pay roll is approved. In Sep we went for biometric also. Now, how long we have to wait for our green card. We are from Nepal

1. In employment-based green card applications such as these, you have to look at the processing time reports of the USCIS service center where it states in the receipt that the case is pending.
    Go to www. USCIS.gov

Whatever the time you see reported there, it would be safe to add another 2 -3 months to it as your maximum, REALISTIC time frame. Those reports are always too rosy anyway!
    Your green cars should arrive in the mail, without necessitating an interview at the local field office.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleagues.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Asheesh K. Sharma Attorney at Law Sharma Law Offices, LLC 47 Perimeter Center East, Suite 260 Atlanta, GA 30346 www.elawimmigration.com 404-348-2829 This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Do not rely on this advice without speaking to an attorney in detail about your case. This message does not create an attorney-client relationship