How long it will take to get approval letter for I-30?

Asked about 1 year ago - East Elmhurst, NY

I applied for my husband on october 2012. Its been almost 8 months and i still didnt get the approval letter. I am a green cardholder.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . The 2A category for spouses and children of green card holders is backed-up betwee 1 and 2 years. The USCIS is in no hurry to approve such petitions.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Given that petitions for spouses of green card holder take up to two years to become current and have an immigrant visa number available UCSCIS is in no hurry to quickly process and approve those petitions. You need to be patient. USCIS processing times can be found at www.uscis.gov

3. Christine Swenson

2

Answered . I'd suggest following up by calling the 1-800 number for Customer Service. I've had a couple of clients approved quickly but, unfortunately, did not get the approval notice in the mail. Ask for the average processing time for the service center your application is being processed through and if your case is beyond that time, then request for a service center call for follow-up. Of course, if you have an attorney, s/he can follow up for you.