How long it took USCIS to schedule for interview since my case is currently in the queue to be scheduled for interview ????

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

l call the USCIS asking them a bout my case I-485
THEY SAID ,
,,Your case is currently in the queue to be scheduled for an interview you will be notifed of the time date and location of the interview,within 60 days ,your case is currently in suspense
untill the interview date

my question is ,,,,, Since my case in the queue to be scheduled for an interview
that mean is ready so why l wait 60 days ?????,,,,,,,
please give an answer from experince
NOTE// l get the answer from uscis on 01/18/2013 its BALTIMORE USCIS

1. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

1

Best Answer

Answered . Baltimore CIS cases are scheduled from a national scheduler and then sent to the local office. Per the District Director of the Baltimore office, the usual wait on a family based cases is 4-5 months from the date your case is filed in completion. (If they asked for more information, the time starts again. If your I-485 is employment based, the wait times are different.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

Answered . First the case is shipped to the National Benefits Center ((usually). They have to review your file to see if all background checks have been completed, are your fingerprints done and current, have all A files been retrieved from storage or various USCIS offices. Then they have access to the interview slots at the District office where you will be schedule and will send a notice accordingly.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Because there are other cases ahead of yours.