How long it took USCIS to schedule for interview since my case is currently in the queue to be scheduled for interview ????

Baltimore, MD |

l call the USCIS asking them a bout my case I-485
,,Your case is currently in the queue to be scheduled for an interview you will be notifed of the time date and location of the interview,within 60 days ,your case is currently in suspense
untill the interview date

my question is ,,,,, Since my case in the queue to be scheduled for an interview
that mean is ready so why l wait 60 days ?????,,,,,,,
please give an answer from experince
NOTE// l get the answer from uscis on 01/18/2013 its BALTIMORE USCIS

Baltimore CIS cases are scheduled from a national scheduler and then sent to the local office. Per the District Director of the Baltimore office, the usual wait on a family based cases is 4-5 months from the date your case is filed in completion. (If they asked for more information, the time starts again. If your I-485 is employment based, the wait times are different.

Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no attorney client relationship is formed by this response to your question.

First the case is shipped to the National Benefits Center ((usually). They have to review your file to see if all background checks have been completed, are your fingerprints done and current, have all A files been retrieved from storage or various USCIS offices. Then they have access to the interview slots at the District office where you will be schedule and will send a notice accordingly.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Because there are other cases ahead of yours.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law