How long it takes to have a work authorization after filing I-485?

Cleveland, OH |

hey!,, im wondering how long it takes to have the work permit after filing I-485? can i apply to college before i get it *( while still bending ) ?

It varies. Anywhere from 60 to 120 days depending on the basis for the I-485 and other factors. You can apply for college. Whether you can attend is a question that needs more facts to answer.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

2. Usually, you get your green card before you get your work authorization. It takes about 4 months. Yes, you can apply college.

3. In most instances the EAD is granted within 3 months of filing. You should check with the College of your choice as to their application requirements.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113