How long it takes to get the appointment visa after submitting the last form t? Thank you

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Collins, CO

I am an American , married a Canadian. Got married in America in Oct.2011, she went back to Canada for a week they refused to let her back in America till the marriage immigration papers are accepted, We just filled out and signed the last form to get an appointment for the visa, but is has been more than 2 months, what should we do?
Thank you

1. Laura L Lichter

3

Answered . Sorry that you had to find out the hard way how difficult it is to sponsor even a spouse through the legal process. I can't tell from your posting which paperwork you submitted, but assuming it really is the "last" form and you are just waiting for an appointment, it is not unusual to wait two to four months or more for an appointment.

You can contact NVC to make sure your file is being processed correctly and is with the consulate, or you can contact the consulate directly (check the website) and make your inquiry there. Consulates are actually fairly responsive (and substantive in their response). Remember, you are contacting the Immigrant Visas (IV) section, not citizen services.

Good luck! And I hope your separation is ended soon.

2. Joanna M. Gustafson

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague, Laura Lichter. I submitted the last of the paperwork on a case that will interview in Montreal in November and it has just been set for interview at the end of January. Hope the information is helpful and good luck!

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Currently Montreal is running behind on all Immigrant visa appointments. Go online to the consulate's website and find the IV unit's email address, wait for another 30 days or so before submitting an inquiry.