How long it takes to get a U-Visa once you have all paper work done?

Santa Barbara, CA |

My mom was murdered in 2002 I was victim and witness for prosecution

1. There is no "standard" time for processing as each case is handled on an individual basis. For a general idea you can check on the USCIS website.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. I agree with my esteemed colleague, and will only add that the USCIS website's "processing times" usually do not reflect the true picture, as those lag behind the actual processing times, by at least a few weeks (or more).

Thus, please wait for at least a month after your case falls behind the USCIS published processing times before initiating any type of inquiry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Consult the processing times for the Vermont Service Center - see
    http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016%7C8767%7C6722
    Right now taking about 1 year
    Please be advised you should definitely have an excellent attorney assist you - remember there is a certification requirement by the Law Enforcement and then and only then can you file for U-visa with USCIS. Consult an excellent attorney who handles these cases.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Violent crime topics