How long it takes to file a discrimination/ADA/HIPA case in Baltimore? It is already court after receiving right to sue letter.

Baltimore, MD |

I already sent it to court

1. From what I take from your question, you already filed the discrimination matter in federal court. Therefore, there is no set time for the entire matter to be resolved. Once the case is filed, it has to be served on the defendant. A scheduling order is issued. However, the initial deadlines are often changed. Moreover, it is likely the defendant will file a motion to dismiss once served to dismiss all your claims. Once the motion has been filed and you file your opposition, there is no deadline for the court to issue it's order.

I am licensed and practice in the states for which I answer questions. Nevertheless, the answer is based on a limited amount of information. Additional information may change my answer.

2. If you mailed in a complaint with the required filing fee, you should call the court to confirm that it was filed. Have the complaint and summons been served yet? I agree generally with Ms McGill, and add that if you are litigating pro se -- please stop, and hire a discrimination attorney in your area. You have no business trying to litigate a discrimination/ADA case pro se.