How long it takes for NVC receives the approval petition i-130 by USCIS

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

how long it takes for NVC receives the approval petition by USCIS. Can you tell me how long NVC also need to give an interview.

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

5

Answered . It takes 2-4 weeks for NVC to receive a file from USCIS. Interview date depends on which Consulate is involved and how quick you can send the relevant and required info to the NVC. There are tasks you can do NOW to help process go faster.

www.immigrate2usa.com

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

5

Answered . It is only a short time before the NVC receives the approval. The time for the NVC is somewhat dependent on how long it takes to provide the fees and information required. Normally about 1 to 3 months.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

3. Christopher Michael Pogue

5

Answered . Normally it takes 15-30 days for the approved I-130 petition to be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) in Vermont.

The NVC will email you when they receive the petition package and request that you pay $318 per beneficiary to continue processing. You will also be asked to provide additional forms and supporting documentation.

Once NVC is satisfied that the appropriate fees, forms, and supporting documentation are in their hands, they will email you a notice with the date and time of the visa stamping interview. It can take between 2-4 weeks of receiving all documentation for the NVC to issue the visa stamping interview notice.

Normally the visa stamping interview takes place 1-2 months after the notice is issued, depending on the volume of petitions a particular consulate is handling. India, China, Philippines, and Mexico tend to have the longest wait times to get a scheduled interview.

If something goes wrong with your petition there is the possibility that you will face significant delays. You can contact the NVC directly by both phone or email, and you may also hire an immigration attorney to trouble shoot any issues you are having as well. Immigration lawyers are allowed to speak on your behalf, and you can hire a lawyer to assist you at any point in the I-130 petition process.

Good luck. It sounds like you are halfway there.

4. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . The answer, that you don't want to hear, is "it depends." The government moves at its own pace. Generally the NVC should contact you within 3 weeks of the I-130 approval for the fee bills. Once those are paid the documents are submitted, the interview is scheduled. Again it depends on how long it takes you to pay the fee bills and send in the correct docs. As well it depends on the consulate and the number of people in line ahead of the beneficiary.

5. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . 30 days to 3 months; about a year to process

6. Andrew Marino Bramante

2

Answered . NVC says it takes 6-8 weeks. They told me this last week. I find that sometimes it is faster, sometimes slower. The interview date will depend on how quickly you respond with a complete filing. I recommend using an experienced immigration attorney.

7. Richard Scott Roth-Sterger

2

Answered . It depends