How long it takes for an appointment for a stokes interview after first interview?

Atlanta, GA |

i am asking and trying to gather all information, please can you wonderful lawyer tell me what you know about how long it takes to get an appointment. for second interview or stokes interview..

It has been many years since a client of mine has had a stokes interview. It took 1 to 3 months to get it scheduled. It will be video recorded. Each client answered a set of questions separately. In my case they were asked some personal questions and they had similar answers so it was approved.

Myron R. Morales, Attorney
Morales PLLC
info@moralespllc.com

Had one not too long ago.. Took 3+ months to get it scheduled.

Clients were separated, with each being asked the same questions separately while being videotaped. Clients were asked about 74 questions each, some highly intrusive and of a personal nature, to which I had to object and instruct the clients not to answer. A supervisor had to be called since the officers ( there were 2) threatened to terminate the interview and deny the petition if client refused to answer .

At the end of each interview the client had to read all the questions and answers and sign. I read them first and pointed to some answers having been inaccurately recorded by the officer..

Clients were ultimately granted, for it was a genuine marriage and they were very well prepared.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

On average, it takes about 2-3 months.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration