How long is the waiting time for a foreign medical graduate when he is Adjusting his status from F-1 to J-1?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

Some hospitals do not sponsor H-1B visas but only J-1. I want to get an attorney to do my visa though ECFMG does the J-1 sponsorship, because I believe that attorney will make things faster. I want to do adjustment of status and getting my J-1 done without going back to my country.

Can someone tell me from experience how long the waiting period is for a person that adjusting his status in US from F-1 to J-1 visa to start the Medical Residency ??

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Best Answer

Answered . 2-6 months.

2. Tsirina Goroshit

Pro

2

Answered . Agree with previous answer.

3. Carlos E Sandoval

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.