How long is the waiting time for a foreign medical graduate when he is Adjusting his status from F-1 to J-1?

New York, NY |

Some hospitals do not sponsor H-1B visas but only J-1. I want to get an attorney to do my visa though ECFMG does the J-1 sponsorship, because I believe that attorney will make things faster. I want to do adjustment of status and getting my J-1 done without going back to my country.

Can someone tell me from experience how long the waiting period is for a person that adjusting his status in US from F-1 to J-1 visa to start the Medical Residency ??

2-6 months.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Agree with previous answer.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

3. I agree with my colleagues.