How long is the wait in getting my fiancee's immigration case file?? What form should we use?

Greetings and Happy Holidays! My fiancee was here in the USA in 2000. Overstayed his visa by about a year plus, after 2011 Middle Eastern men were rounded up and basically deported if they were w/o papers. My fiancee was granted voluntary departure in Nov 2011 but didnt leave until 2002 since the USA was doing "background" checks on him and had him in jail until mid 2002. Will the ban apply from when it was granted (Nov 2011) or when they released him from immi jail (June 2002)?? Also, what form should we fill out to obtain his file? He lost all his paperwork but has his A number. And how long will it take to get his file so we can take it to an Atty for analysis. I appreciate your assistance and service and wish you a happy holiday season and prosperous 2011! Thanks for all you do!!

Orlando, FL -

Attorney Answers (2)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Something is wrong with your dates. We are still in 2010, but you talk about events that occurred in "2011"???

Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

You can obtain information about FOIA in the website.

This is the form needed to obtain the immigration file.


Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.