How long is the statute of limitations on suing a defense attorney for discovery of winning by fraud in their legal documents an

Asked over 1 year ago - Lynbrook, NY

d claims. making false claims and claiming laws illegally

they won a civil claim by fraudd in us southern district court ny

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . A plaintiff has no standing to sue a defense lawyer.

2. Edwin Drantivy

Pro

4

Answered . Your question is unclear here. Please rephrase it or re-post it in the malpractice forum for better results.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

4

Answered . It sounds as if the matter was adjudicated and you lost. You may timely appeal if there were errors of law or discretion. However, there is no basis to sue the opposing attorney whose arguments were apparently persuasive even if you disagree with them. After all, a trial is determined by the trier of fact, either the jury or the judge in a bench trial. They determined what they believed the truth is, not the attorneys.

4. John J. Carney

Pro

3

Answered . You do not sue opposing counsel, you appeal the decision. Be very careful who you accuse of fraud unless you have evidence to prove that it is true as you could be sued for libel, slander, or defamation.