How long is the statue of limitations for manufacturing meth and can he leave the state we live in Kentucky

Bowling Green, KY |

my son was charged with manufactoring meth they failed to indite and had to release him

There is no statute of limitations on felonies in Kentucky. The Commonwealth's attorney will probably present this case to a new Grand Jury in order to obtain an indictment. If the Grand Jury returns an indictment and he leaves the state and is arrested in another state, Kentucky can have him extradited back here and require him to foot the bill for having to do so (and he may have to sit in jail in the other state for up to 90 days just waiting for Kentucky to get him here). He should ask his criminal defense attorney for advice. If he no longer has one, he should obtain one.

Kristin M. Russell is an attorney licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Per Avvo guidelines, these answers are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. This response does not create an attorney/client relationship.

he is homeless and has no family in kentucky his family and kids live in michigan . he wants to come home he has a son that he hasn't seen or met so your saying he can never leave and has to worry the rest of his life

There is no statute of limitations on the prosecution of a felony offense in KY. If he has no charge pending with a bond requiring a travel restriction from KY, nor is he on probation or parole with travel restrictions, he can leave the state.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..