Skip to main content

How long is the infraction for disturbing the peace will stay on my record? What steps should i do..

Adelanto, CA |

My misdimeanor charges for false report to a police officer was dropped to disturbing the peace by the DA. My private lawyer i hired after one year of stress and agonizing about my case. I thought it will be dismissed. Im a victim of an assault by my ex gf ...I cld the police and meet at the hospital of my injuries. He took a picture on my first report. then after one month arrested me said i lied to him foriving falsereport. My ex download an apps called fake text messages. The police bought it looks liki text her that i hurt myself to put her introuble. I read thepolice report and so pisse offall the lies of the text messages. I never send that to her i swear to god. The apps she downloaded in her smartphone showed my pix and my messages. I believe im not the victim of this fake txt.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can petition to have the infraction expunged pursuant to 1203.4

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  2. Technically, an infraction would stay on your record indefinitely just like any other conviction. You have all of the same remedies available to you that you would for any other offense, like an expungement under PC 1203.4.

  3. This conviction will stay in your record unless you expunge it.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics