How long is statute of limitations on a transfer of property from husband to wife..While under investigation of embezzlement.

Asked about 2 years ago - Norwood, MA

Hello, My ex-lawyer stole $70,000 from my husband and I after the sale of our house in 2010. In Feb. of 2011 he signed over property in New Hampshire to his wife. In June of 2011 the investigation was beginning into his embezzlements of clients funds. My case is now in and has been in the last stage of it. I am waiting for the Supreme Court Judge to rule. He has had the case for 4 weeks now....4 business weeks. How long does that take for him to make a decision on a very clear case of theft. Help me....Thank you..Chistine

1. Kati M. Amarantes

3

Answered . Unfortunately, there is no answer as to how long the judge will take to rule. You can call the court to see if they have any updated information, however, I would not call on a regular basis, as they are extremely busy. Good luck to you.

2. Keith G Langer

Pro

3

Answered . As you have already brought suit and await the judge's decision, there is obviously no statute of limitations issue present.

Four weeks is a tad long, but not extreme. Note that it is summer and the judge or his clerk may be on vacation.

As you presumably have a lawyer, s/he can keep you apprised of the progress - or lack thereof - regarding the decision.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Lauren Craig Redmond

1

Answered . The statute of limitations applies to how long a plaintiff has to instigate a civil lawsuit, and how long the government has to bring criminal charges. It does not apply to how long a judge has to rule on a case or motion. You should ask your lawyer to inquire what progress has been made.

One or more answers have been taken down.