How long is pendente lite in New Jersey.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hightstown, NJ

I have been paying PL for 27 months. My wife refuses to settle as she is getting $4,500/month in pendente lite.

1. Michael T Millar

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . A "pendente lite" support order provides for support pending the litigation. It is replaced by the final judgment of divorce and its terms.
    If your spouse will not settle, then push for a trial date.

2. Mary Tom

1

Answered . Pendente Lite end when the case is heard and decided by a Court or you settle your case with a Property Settlement Agreement.

MARY TOM, ESQ.
    HUNZIKER, JONES & SWEENEY, P.A.
    Wayne Plaza II
    155 Route 46 West
    Wayne, NJ 07470
    Phone No. (973) 256-0456
    Fax No. (973) 256-4784

3. Lawrence Charles Kroll

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You can also apply to the Court for a reevaluation of pendente lite support if circumstances have changed in the last 27 months. Speak with your attorney