Skip to main content

How long is pendente lite in New Jersey.

Hightstown, NJ |

I have been paying PL for 27 months. My wife refuses to settle as she is getting $4,500/month in pendente lite.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A "pendente lite" support order provides for support pending the litigation. It is replaced by the final judgment of divorce and its terms.
If your spouse will not settle, then push for a trial date.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.


Pendente Lite end when the case is heard and decided by a Court or you settle your case with a Property Settlement Agreement.

Good luck.

Wayne Plaza II
155 Route 46 West
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone No. (973) 256-0456
Fax No. (973) 256-4784

This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. For legal advice, please contact and retain an attorney of your own choosing.


I agree with my colleagues. You can also apply to the Court for a reevaluation of pendente lite support if circumstances have changed in the last 27 months. Speak with your attorney

If you think this post was helpful, please check the "good answer" button below! NOTE: This answer is made is for advisory and/or educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site, or posting a question and obtaining an answer, you understand that no attorney-client relationship is being established between you and the answering attorney, and there is no attorney-client privilege between you and the attorney. You should consult with a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. The information provided in this answer is designed to be general in nature and is based on the facts stated in your question, and might change based on further information.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer