How long is NVOL on driving record in Washington State

Richland, WA |

I have an NVOL on my record for the last two years. Never has affected my insurance until last week they cancelled me??

The driving record is limited to last three years for insurance companies in Washington state.

The below link explains which entities can see your driving record and for what duration from the date of the record. It also shows how long events remain on your record.

You can also use this link to get a copy of your own driver's abstract. There may be events on it that the insurance company cannot see, so look for those items within the past three years to estimate the record that the insurance company receives.

There are two No Valid Operators License on Person Charges (NVOL). NVOL 2nd Degree is a civil traffic infraction. NVOL 1st Degree is a criminal misdemeanor.

Both stay on your criminal history and DOL record forever. You can petition to have a misdemeanor removed 3 years after the case is completely closed. There is no way to remove a traffic ticket from your record.

DOL will report traffic tickets and most traffic convictions to your insurance company for 3 years. Potential employers, and some other categories. my be entitled to a longer history. See the link below for more details.