How long is EAD valid

Bloomington, IL |

i am currently on L2 EAD which is valid till dec 2014 but my husband's h1 got selected in lottery and his company has filed change of status from L1 to H1. So my husband will be on H1 starting 1st october ... and hence i will be on h4. Question is can i use my EAD till 1st oct ? if i understand correctly, H1 will start only from 1st oct and till then husband will be on l1 and i will be on l2

Validity is marked on the very face of the card.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

This is an immigration question. I have added that tag for you and I hope you get useful answers.

It seems like you and your husband have many questions about this. You should speak with the attorney who handled the H1 change of status, or hire a second attorney. Posing multiple similar questions on Avvo will get many slightly different answers and is not a substitute for the exact advice you would get from a consultation with an attorney who can actually look at you various documents and applications and work out a timeline.

This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

Your status will not automatically change to H4 and if you do nothing, you may wind up failing to maintain status.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

If H is approved effective 10/1/14 and COS occurs, and your EAD is valid until 10/1/14 you can work on your EAD until then. Check withyour attorney to verify the correct facts first.

Ms. Ritter has over fifteen years of immigration experience, a former INS Officer and Santa Clara Valley AILA Board Member. The response given is for informational purposes only, general in nature, and should not be construed as legal advice on the topic, nor does it establish an attorney client relationships. You are encouraged to seek a qualified attorney for a complete review of the issue.

Recommended articles about Employment