How long is EAD valid

Asked 3 months ago - Bloomington, IL

i am currently on L2 EAD which is valid till dec 2014 but my husband's h1 got selected in lottery and his company has filed change of status from L1 to H1. So my husband will be on H1 starting 1st october ... and hence i will be on h4. Question is can i use my EAD till 1st oct ? if i understand correctly, H1 will start only from 1st oct and till then husband will be on l1 and i will be on l2

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Validity is marked on the very face of the card.

2. Anthony Bettencourt Cameron

Answered . This is an immigration question. I have added that tag for you and I hope you get useful answers.

3. Mary Kathleen Neal

Answered . It seems like you and your husband have many questions about this. You should speak with the attorney who handled the H1 change of status, or hire a second attorney. Posing multiple similar questions on Avvo will get many slightly different answers and is not a substitute for the exact advice you would get from a consultation with an attorney who can actually look at you various documents and applications and work out a timeline.

4. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . Your status will not automatically change to H4 and if you do nothing, you may wind up failing to maintain status.

5. Dana Ann Michael Ritter

Answered . If H is approved effective 10/1/14 and COS occurs, and your EAD is valid until 10/1/14 you can work on your EAD until then. Check withyour attorney to verify the correct facts first.