How long is a petion for divorce valid in the state of TX after the 60 day waiting period?

Asked about 2 years ago - Seabrook, TX

I filed for divorce Pro Se on July 30, 2012 and wanted to know how long we had to comlpete the process after the 60 day waiting period has passed?

1. Mark Anthony Cohan

Pro

3

Answered . It really depends on the county. Most counties will send dismissal warnings (your case will be dismissed if not prosecuted by this date) to let you know how long you have.

2. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

2

Answered . The judge in whose court the case is filed will issue a docket control order setting a pretrial date and a trial date. Get your divorce done by the pretrial date and you're fine. You've likely got a while before the case is dismissed for want of prosecution.

Why don't you hire an attorney and get some professional help handling this.

3. Willie Stephen Graves

2

Answered . It really does depend on your county. In Bexar County your case will be put on the dismissal docket after about a year of inactivity. You should receive a notice that if something isn't done (like entry of a final decree) by a certain date and if nobody appears to request an extension, the case will be dismissed.