How long is a Case Information Statement valid for? What happens if I forget to include something?

Fair Lawn, NJ |

I filed a motion a few months ago and it was dismissed without prejudice. I just refiled and am now concerned because the Case Information Statement is dated from 2 months ago. Is it still valid or can the opposing party request dismissal because it is outdated? How long is a case information statement valid for? Also if I didn't provide updated support documents what can happen to my case?

1. generally you are suppose to submit a current case information statement. Whether the court deems the information sufficient to render a decision or requires additioanal information will be up to the judge. It is really not possible for someone to advise you as to what the result of your case might be without knowing what the motion is and reviewing it.

2. As a general rule, the lapse of two months would not make a case information statement "outdated". The question is whether there has been any significant change in circumstances that renders the info on the CIS as outdated or incomplete. Absent a significant change in circumstances, it may be fine.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.