How long have I been Out of Status from my SEVIS? Can I get SEVIS Reinstated?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Visa on F1 is valid through June 2014., initial i-94 indicates expiry as F1 D/S. Graduated from Bachelors on Dec 2011, OPT started from Jan 2012 to Jan 2013. While i was on my OPT, i had a job. On Jan 2013, I enrolled in a Masters course that granted me immediate 1-year CPT on basis of integral work/study, therefore I worked and studied. June 24th, 2013, my H1b was approved but I did not get a new i-94 Change of Status denied. Company filed for MTR which is still pending. On October 1st, my school auto-terminated my SEVIS as they thought I am in H1 visa, but I do not have i-94 for H1. DSO is not helping with SEVIS.

When have I been out of Status? Was it when i enrolled into the masters program, June 24th or October 1st?

Is it recommended to do a SEVIS Reinstatement from another I-20?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . These are good questions to ask the attorney who filed the MTR. Only he or she (aside from your uncooperative DSO) is familiar with the facts of your case and can give you an answer. We know nothing about your case

2. Altin Nanaj

Pro

Answered . These are questions that your current attorney may and should answer for you.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . I can only guess at this point. You should speak with your attorney.

4. Stephen D. Berman

1

1

Answered . You should talk to the attorney who filed, without seeing the decision and basis for denying a change of status, it would be very unwise to render any opinion.