How long from the date of false arrest / imprisonment /malicious prosecution do I have to get counsel and file notice?

Asked 6 months ago - Orlando, FL

how long from the date of false arrest / imprisonment /malicious prosecution do I have to get counsel and file notice?

in case it was not clear this is in Orlando Florida

1. Michael L Morgan

2

1

Answered . Your question is too vague to answer with certainty. First, the criminal matter must resolved in your favor. Next, you will have to send notice of suit to the agency you are seeking to sue. You must then wait 6 months before filing suit. Hope that helps

2. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

2

Answered . I only think I know what you are asking because of my colleagues answer.

If this is not a criminal defense question and is instead a civil rights question then you should remove and report with a practice area for "civil rights" instead of "criminal defense". As it is tagged you are attracting criminal defense lawyers who traditionally do not file civil lawsuits.

If, on the other hand, you are looking to defend your "false arrest" case in criminal court well then you should make an appointment with an experienced Orlando area criminal defense lawyer and take it from there. In this event, and although I practice primarily in Miami-Dade County you are welcome to contact my office for a referral or two, or you can search either Avvo or the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers website by locality (please see http://www.facdl.org/ - and click on the "Find A Lawyer" tab).

Either way best of luck!

3. Mark H Randall

Pro

Answered . I do not understand your question Did you get arrested? Suing the government is an uphill battle.