How long for green card holders to bring their wife to USA?

New York, NY |

Hi,
Some one told me that immigration just changed the law recently for green card holders , like if some one wants to bring his wife to USA it will only take him about 9 months , is this true??
Thank you

1. However long it takes for you to file; USCIS approve; NVC schedule an interview; your wife to attend the interview and the consulate make a decision on the visa.

2. You should consult with an immigration attorney about your case. It is not a change in law. It is that the F2A category of the Visa Bulletin is current at this time. It will likely retrogress in the future. Green card holders who are interested in petitioning for spouses should take steps to file I-130 Petitions, but it is difficult to predict how long the process will take. If the spouse is in the US in current legal status, adjustment could potentially be facilitated.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. I agree with my colleagues, the timing depends on your now. At least, for as long as the priority is current, which in my opinion, will not be that long.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. It can be one to two years. Apply now.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics