How long for green card holders to bring their wife to USA?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Hi,
Some one told me that immigration just changed the law recently for green card holders , like if some one wants to bring his wife to USA it will only take him about 9 months , is this true??
Thank you

1. Olga Bychok

6

Answered . However long it takes for you to file; USCIS approve; NVC schedule an interview; your wife to attend the interview and the consulate make a decision on the visa.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, the timing depends on your now. At least, for as long as the priority is current, which in my opinion, will not be that long.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

6

Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney about your case. It is not a change in law. It is that the F2A category of the Visa Bulletin is current at this time. It will likely retrogress in the future. Green card holders who are interested in petitioning for spouses should take steps to file I-130 Petitions, but it is difficult to predict how long the process will take. If the spouse is in the US in current legal status, adjustment could potentially be facilitated.

4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . It can be one to two years. Apply now.