How long does USCIS take to withdraw an I-130 petition after they have received the withdrawal letter? And do they notify you?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

Sent letter in October 2012 after talking to the info line aboout the procedure.

1. Tracie Lynn Klinke

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Generally, USCIS honors the I-130 withdrawal request immediately. If there was an I-485 associated with the filing, there will be a denial decision that will be issued. I have seen letters confirming an I-130 withdrawal in the past. You may want to confirm the withdrawal by looking up the receipt on the USCIS website. Remember, the I-130 is controlled by the US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, so any correspondence would go to them, and not to the foreign national.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Rahul Chakravartty

3

1

Answered . They usually do not send you a notice that the I-130 has been withdrawn.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague, you probably won't get any notification.

If you have the receipt number, you can go online to check the case status.