How long does the state of Texas had to indict a person

was arrested for poss. of a controlled substances forgeryand poss. of controlled substance on Dec 27,2011 but was indicted for 1 poss.charge

Brenham, TX -

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Criminal Defense Attorney - Dallas, TX

The statute of limitations period varies from offense to offense. I can't tell yours from the information you've provided. I can tell you that this far out it's a lot less likely that the remaining charges will be filed.

Carmine John Giardino

Carmine John Giardino

General Practice Lawyer - San Antonio, TX

until statute of limitations is over

Cynthia Russell Henley

Cynthia Russell Henley

Criminal Defense Attorney - Houston, TX

They have until the statute of limitations runs to indict him. If they only indicted him on one of the two charged offenses, it could mean they are trying to get more evidence to decide on the other one UNLESS they issued a no-bill on the other ones. His lawyer will be able to tell him more.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

David Daniel White

David Daniel White

Criminal Defense Attorney - Austin, TX

If your case has not been indicted after six months your attorney can move to dismiss the case or ask for an examining trial.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

Related Advice