How long does the state of Texas had to indict a person

Brenham, TX |

was arrested for poss. of a controlled substances forgeryand poss. of controlled substance on Dec 27,2011 but was indicted for 1 poss.charge

1. The statute of limitations period varies from offense to offense. I can't tell yours from the information you've provided. I can tell you that this far out it's a lot less likely that the remaining charges will be filed.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. until statute of limitations is over

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

3. They have until the statute of limitations runs to indict him. If they only indicted him on one of the two charged offenses, it could mean they are trying to get more evidence to decide on the other one UNLESS they issued a no-bill on the other ones. His lawyer will be able to tell him more.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

4. If your case has not been indicted after six months your attorney can move to dismiss the case or ask for an examining trial.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737