How long does the security clearance takes in a I-130 and I-485 interview? Do you know When will I-485 gets approve?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hicksville, NY

we went last week for I-130 and I-485 interview. We had all the necessary documents and the interview went great. The officer did not approve I-130 or I-485 then and there but he said he has nothing against to hold I-130. He ask me few questions from my I-485 application and few on our marriage. My Fingerprints was completed only once in 2007. Officer told us in the end that he has to send my file for security clearance but never mentioned me having second Fingerprints . My I-485 was filed in 2007 with I-140. I-140 was approved in 2008 with Priority date of 2006 in EB3 category from India. Got married in 2011 to USC and Interfile My pending I-485 from 2007 with I-130. Do you know When will I-130 gets approve? when will the I-485 gets approve? How long does the security clearance takes?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Mr. Behar is correct.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . No one can know or predict what you're asking. Hire a competent immigration lawyer to prosecute this whole process on your behalf And make sure that you do not get stuck in a few more years of just "security clearances "after all the years you already waited.

3. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague that there is no way to know exactly when the security clearance will be approved.