How long does the grand jury have to indict on class c trafficking charges after the case has been dismissed without prejudice

Louisville, KY |

I am being charged with a class c trafficking charge, possession, and tampering w/ physical evidence, the case was dismissed without prejudice on June 13, 2012. I'm wondering how long after the dismissal does the Grand Jury have to indict, on a Class C in the state of Kentucky?

I assume you were arrested and charged and the case began in Jefferson District Court. If it was dismissed without prejudice last month, the case is over at the lower court level. BUT, the Commonweath can submit the case to the Grand Jury asking that a True Bill/Indictment be returned. There is no statute of limitations on prosecuting a felony charge in KY. Usually the police officer schedules the presentation within 1-2 months after the district court finalized the case. Keep in touch with your attorney. Normally the secretary of the Grand Jury will send you a letter after an indictment is returned notifying you of your next court date in Circuit Court.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..