How long does the 221g administrative processing take for immigrant visas (spouses)?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

I received my citizenship in October of 2010 and my daughter was born in December of 2010 here in the United States. After I received my citizenship, I filed the paperwork for my husband who is an Indian citizen. Everything was fine until his interview. INS came back to us and said in order for them to issue my husband's visa, I would need to prove domicile. I came back to the US in January 2013 and sent them everything they needed. Finally they stamped his passport with a 221g and its been over 3 months. I'm frustrated, my kid is growing up without a father, not to mention other problems. Is there anything I can do?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . For as long as they need to complete security clearance. You want to immigrate to the United States, you will have to be patient.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . It will take the amount of time it will take. There is no set time limit. You'll have to be patient.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

1

Answered . It depends on a number if factors including the facts of the case, staffing, volume of work, etc. A little patience. Your case will be handled in due course.