How long does the 221g administrative processing take for immigrant visas (spouses)?

Boston, MA |

I received my citizenship in October of 2010 and my daughter was born in December of 2010 here in the United States. After I received my citizenship, I filed the paperwork for my husband who is an Indian citizen. Everything was fine until his interview. INS came back to us and said in order for them to issue my husband's visa, I would need to prove domicile. I came back to the US in January 2013 and sent them everything they needed. Finally they stamped his passport with a 221g and its been over 3 months. I'm frustrated, my kid is growing up without a father, not to mention other problems. Is there anything I can do?

1. It will take the amount of time it will take. There is no set time limit. You'll have to be patient.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. For as long as they need to complete security clearance. You want to immigrate to the United States, you will have to be patient.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. It depends on a number if factors including the facts of the case, staffing, volume of work, etc. A little patience. Your case will be handled in due course.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.